Home > Immigration Procedures > Choosing the Right Visa Category > O and P Visa Classifications

O and P Visa Classifications

Foreign guest artists normally must obtain one of the following:

  • O-1B classification for aliens of extraordinary ability in the arts;
  • O-2 classification for personnel accompanying an O-1B alien;
  • P-1B classification for internationally renowned performing groups and essential support personnel; and, for individual foreign artists performing as a member of a U.S.-based internationally renowned performing group;
  • P-2 classification for reciprocal exchange program;
  • P-3 classification for culturally unique performers or groups, teachers and coaches, and 
  • P support personnel  

We discuss these classifications and related procedures in depth on the respective linked pages.