Home > Immigration Procedures > Where and How to File the Petition > Electronic Filing

Electronic Filing

As of September 20, 2015, all petitioners must file the paper version of the Form I-907 for Premium Processing Service (PPS). USCIS is discontinuing its legacy e-Filing system as part of a process to transition to a new Electronic Immigration System, which will reportedly be faster and more secure. The Form I-907 will eventually be part of the new system, but not in the immediate future, so petitioners should plan accordingly and build in extra time for paper filing PPS requests. Questions? Contact USCIS via their online help form or call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 (TDD for deaf or hard of hearing: 1-800-767-1833).

Electronic filing of the I-907 had previously been an option if the original I-129 form and supporting evidence were received by USCIS but a petitioner was seeking to upgrade a petition to PPS. Petitioners submitting an original I-129 and simultaneously seeking PPS must do so by hard copy.